Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Praying for Guidance

It's not easy for me to tell other people about Jesus, and God's grace.  My sister said that's what I'm doing with this blog, and that's true...that was the whole purpose of the blog.  But that's different; telling people and writing are two different things to me.  People that know me find it hard to believe that I'm not comfortable talking to people I don't know.  I'm very self-conscious and unsure of myself, which doesn't always show to other people.  Writing, however, provides me with an outlet, a way for me to fully express myself.  I have always preferred to write rather than talk; I can write things that I could never say out loud.

So, it's very hard for me to witness to others, and share what God's grace has done in my life.  But when I talk to people, especially people I love, and I hear them express anger at God and rebellion toward Him, how can I NOT speak?  It breaks my heart that God is so loving and so giving, and yet some view Him as cruel and hateful.  These are the people that need him more than anyone, and I don't know how to break through to them.  The only thing I know to do is to pray, and pray some more, then pray some more.

"God, I ask for your guidance in spreading your word, and I ask you to please give me the words to say.  Lord, please use me to do your will, and work through me; fill me with your love to overflowing so that it can spill out onto everyone who 'bumps my cup'.  Help me, Lord, to plant a seed in the minds of unbelievers, that will grow over time, and mature into a good, God loving Christian.  Lord, I love you and I praise you.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: