Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Back...Again

Oh, why, oh, why am I such a slacker?  I (if you haven't noticed) sometimes have a hard time sticking with things...

But try, try again (and again, and again, and again...).  But, the point is, I keep coming back :)

Anyway, today has me thinking about the changes I have experienced in the last 3 1/2 months.  Yes, of course, I jumped in on New Year's Day with my 5 million (okay, so I'm exaggerating) resolutions head first, full steam ahead.  Until (of course) I crashed.  So now, I am taking things more slowly, and trying NOT to obsess, and to try to stop making my life more difficult than it has to be.

I have decided, after a LOT of thought and back-and-forth arguments with myself in my head (wait...that's not good, is it? lol), to wait (WHAT?? ME?? Wait?!) until the time is more right for us financially to start up  my business.  It will be there in a year or so, too, and if not, then it wasn't right anyway.  And I feel at peace with the decision to wait.  Although everything seemed right, and I kept getting what I thought were whispers from God, something still didn't seem right.  I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was hesitant, so I decided to wait.  And the funny thing is,  I was looking for all the signs, like this, that, or the other thing that couldn't have been coincidence, so I thought God was telling me to go for it;  the kicker was that the real answer from God was coming from within me-deep inside my gut telling me to wait.  Awesome, huh? 

I have to confess that I haven't been going to church, or reading my Bible as I should, but let's start with taking up my nightly habit of reading the Bible before bed, again.

I have kept up with my walking, during which I spend the first part of my walk talking to God, which is amazing, and the rest of the time I listen to my inspirational music.  Walking really helps me be a better person in all sorts of ways, and I really hope I stick with it.  I am more productive, and more pleasant to be around since I pretty much give all my frustrations up to God while I'm walking.  It has been 2 weeks, now, and I have only missed one day; the miracle in that being that after missing a day, I went BACK and did it the next day.  In times past, if I missed a day, it was all over...so this is definitely progress.  I have walked 59 miles in the last 15 days, and lost 9 pounds.  I am hoping to lose another 20 pounds at least, and walk another 191 miles before our cruise...in 47 days lol.  We'll see.

Well, I've rambled long enough.  Thanks for sticking with me, and y'all come back, now!  (Sorry, I couldn't resist lol)

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for all the people, places, and things you have put in my life.  Thank you for all you have done and are doing in my life; you are truly a merciful, loving, and forgiving God.  Lord, forgive me for my sins, and I ask for your blessing today, not only for myself, but for all my friends, family, and loved ones; May your will be done.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

2 comments:

Simple Midwest Mom said...

Nice to see you back Sis! I'm starting to think our mild ADHD is hereditary and you know what that means.. we got it from MOM! lol

Did you read my blog post fromt oday? I can't wait to finish my Personal Mission Statement. I know it's really going to help me live more purposeful.

Love you,
Stef

Simple Midwest Mom said...

Yeah I'm tired because I meant to add to that comment and say maybe we can work on one together and blog about it?