Saturday, April 23, 2011

Memory Lane and Counting My Blessings

We just got home from a whirlwind trip to the Florida Keys for my cousin's wedding.  By 'whirlwind', I mean, a 6 hour trip there on Friday, wedding on Friday night, breakfast with the family on Saturday, and a 6 hour trip home.  Whew!  But while watching and listening to the ceremony, I took a trip down memory lane, remembering my wedding day, and the 25 year journey it has been.  I cannot put into words the emotion that arises within me when I think of how much God must love me to have given me the husband that I have.

The only way that our marriage could have survived all that we have been through-and the fact that it almost didn't even happen, the trials and tribulations, the heartbreak and tears over the years-is proof that our marriage is God's will, because many times over the years, it wasn't our will, that's for sure.  But He loved us so much that he held us together through all of that, so that now, after 25 years of marriage, I love him more that I have ever loved him, and I can honestly say that he is the only man I have ever loved.  God has taught me to love through my husband, and I am ever so grateful for God's grace. 

"God, thank you for the gift of love that you have given me, and thank you for blessing me with the ONLY man who could complete me.  I ask you, Lord, to bless the newlyweds and guide them on their journey.  Lord, thank you for being such a loving and gracious God.  I love you and praise you, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: