Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yay! Finally Finished Exodus!

It may sound trivial to some of you, but it's a great accoomplishment for me!  I have started reading the Bible many times over the years, and I have never gotten all the way through Exodus.  And I have to say, my goodness! The chapters devoted to the intricate details of the tabernacle, all of its contents, the robes, etc. were especially bruatal, in my humble opinion.  I was barely able to stay awake through one chapter at a time, so I was disappointed, to say the least, to discover that the details were again (although in somewhat of a summary) described in the last chapters of Exodus.

I really enjoyed the beginning of Exodus, telling of Moses-his life, his experiences, his duties to the Lord, and most of all, his special relationship with the Lord.  I am very excited to begin Leviticus!  I know it's slow going for me, but none the less, moving forward.

"Lord, thank you for guiding me each and every day, and for answering my prayers on showing how to better glorify you.  Thank your for all that you have blessed me with, and may you bless all of my friends, family, and loved ones, give them guidance, and keep them healthy, happy, and safe.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: