Thursday, February 10, 2011

All I Have to Do is Ask

Oh, it's been a crazy day for me.  Nothing went as planned, and I let myself get frazzled, because I forget to just SLOW DOWN.  I had planned to work, then color my hair, then go have my 'hair girl' put some highlights in it.  Then I thought I'd go check out some computers I'd been looking at, then stop by Publix to .....THOUGHT INTERUPTUS! lol

Gee, I wonder why I get frazzled??  As I was saying how I had planned for my day to go, I realized HELLO! It was crazy to start with!  Of course I can't think!

So, long story short, got sent home early, hair took too long, and didn't turn out so hot, took forever at the salon, got pedi, got computer...completely forgot to go get the flippin' groceries from Publix! (Dang it!!)  And I've been going nuts all day, running around in circles, because besides what I was actually doing, my mind was working double time, trying to figure out how in the world I was gonna take my car to the shop, take Lynds to her doctor's appointment, pick my car up from the shop, arrange (somehow?) to get my car fixed by Monday before I go out of town, AND still work my shift tomorrow??? 

I really need to learn to slow down, take a deep breath and ask God to take over.  WHY didn't I do that in the first place? Or better yet, first thing in the morning, give it to Him in the first place?  I have no idea! But, little by little, I am learning what works, and what doesn't; what doesn't work is to try to control things myself.  I have to, each and ever day, remind myself that I am NOT in control...God is.  And all I have to do is ask, and He will gladly step in and take over, because that's what He has been waiting for.

How AWESOME is that??!!  It's like He's just hanging around, watching, and knowing what to do and how to do it, but restraining Himself until He is asked for help.  And my first thought is, "well why doesn't He just jump in and take over then?"  I think the reason is that He is teaching me a lesson...He wants me to know that all I have to do is ask, and until I ask Him for help, life's gonna be a whole lot harder. 

"Lord, thank you for your grace and all that you have blessed me with; I am in awe of you always.  Lord, please help me to ask you to take control, and help me to hand over the reins to you.  I know you can handle my life so much better than I could ever hope to.  Lord, show me how to best worship you and praise you, and help me to do your will.  Thank you, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: