Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What a Day

This day (okay, so it was actually yesterday) was an emotional roller coaster.  It didn't start off well, but then I was having a great day at work-until my next to last call, which really got my blood pumping.  Then, when I got off work, I had another incident that got my blood boiling...but, unlike past times, I turned to God to help, because I knew I couldn't handle it by myself.  Sure enough, He got me calmed down, and I had a nice drive (thanks everyone for talking me through a VERY long and boring drive), and I arrived at my sister's house (YAY!) safe and sound.  We stayed up all night talking and just before I was ready to head to bed, I check my e-mails, and got one that was really nice...then came the icing on the proverbial cake.  Now, I have to pray, pray, pray for guidance...because while my heart is hurt and disappointed, I don't know what action I should take.  I have to go get into the Word, and do some serious praying.  I'll start here:

"Dear Lord, please guide me through these difficult times, and comfort my heart and help me to act as you would have me to do.  Help me to remember, Lord, that my duty is to do your will, and not mine, and help me to put aside my personal feelings and simply do your will. I have no idea how to do that, Lord, and I really need your help.  Thank you for your unconditional love, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: