Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Heart is Full

Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days.  I've been out of town visiting my sister all week, and it kind of got put on the back burner.  I do apologize, y'all.

It's been a very emotional week, with lots of stuff going on with family, and work, and LOTS and LOTS of 'God thangs'...

Spending time with my sister has left me in awe of the woman she has become, and I am amazed at the work God has done in her, and in her life.  I can remember through the years, us taking turns supporting one another through good times and bad, taking turns playing the role of 'big sister' (even though I am 10 years older lol).  I remember the time when I was trying desperately to convince her of God's existence...and ultimately, so many years later, it was God's work in her that brought me back to Him.  He is SO AMAZING!!

I talked to someone near and dear to my heart today, and hearing about an incident in her life today that can't be anything but a 'God thang' just brought tears to my eyes.  It never ceases to amaze me how big God is..there is NOTHING he can't do!  How AWESOME is that?!!  My heart is full tonight, just rewinding the week, and being thankful for all that He has given me, and for all that He is doing within me.

"Dear Lord, thank you for all the wonderful work you are doing not only in my life, but in the lives of my friends and family.  Lord, I pray that you will guide my heart, and give me the words to say when I need them, and help me to love as you would, and help me to remember that judging is your job, and not mine.  I am so glad I have you in my life, Lord, and I thank you for your love and your grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: