Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm never alone

For a lot of my life, I have felt very alone.  Not necessarily 'lonely', just alone.  For the first time in my life, I can actually feel His presence, and I can say without a doubt that I am never alone.  God's presence in my life, 24/7, and knowing that He is watching me always, keeps me accountable.  I only wish I would have truly become a Christian a long, LONG time ago; it would have saved me (and everyone else) a lot of heartache.  I don't think I would have done a lot of things that I've done if I knew someone was watching me and judging me.  But, I suppose it was God's plan for me to experience all that CRAP in order to get me to be who He wants me to be.

For the first time, I don’t feel like I have to try to be something I’m not, because if I do, God will call me out, lol.  I’m feeling a lot more comfortable in my own skin these days, and I know I always have a friend in Jesus, and that He is always there with me.  I will never be anywhere by myself ever again!  How awesome is that?! 

It is truly a miracle how different I feel, and how differently I think and react to things.  He immediately hollers at me when I have a wrong thought or say things unbecoming of a woman of God.  I am not, by any means, saying I’m perfect, or a “finished product”, I’m just saying that God is doing amazing things in my life, and I’m thankful.

“God, thank you so much for filling the void that I have so often felt in my life, and thank you for always being there for me.  Lord, you are truly a loving and amazing God, and I am constantly in awe of all that you are and all that you do.  Thank you for your love and your grace.  In Jesus’ name, Amen”

No comments: