Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God's 'Love Taps'

I was really struggling with a family issue, as was mentioned in yesterday's post, and thought I had gotten the right answer.  Until today, when I talked to someone near and dear to my heart, who knows the whole situation, and I began to question the origin of the answer I received...was it my will, or God's will? 

The thing nagged me all day long, and I was even talking to God out loud, it was weighing so heavily on my heart.  Finally, as I was driving home, the thought popped back into my head, and I felt the tears well up, and I finally surrendered.  I did what I knew I had to do, and the weight was lifted, and I feel so much better!  I am going to refer to these moments as God's 'love taps' from now on, because it's kind of like getting hit upside the head, and it brings tears to my eyes...all done in love from God. 

He is truly amazing, and to think that I have changed so much since I asked Jesus to come into my heart...and all I had to do was ask! I would say that I wish I had made the decision and surrendered my will to God's 30 years ago, but then, my life wouldn't be what it is today, which is good, and I wouldn't have the people in it that I have...so no, I wouldn't change a thing.  It has all happened in God's time, the way He intended, and I am so thankful!

"Lord, thank you so much for your wisdom and your mercy.  Thank you for your guidance through difficult situations, and for the peace that comes from doing your will, not mine.  You are such a loving God! In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: