Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm not the 'me' I used to be

I realized today, that even though life isn't always 'grand', and things don't always go my way, that it's just ok.  That's a far cry from the 'me' I used to be-just ask anyone who knows me!  There was a point in my life that I was so miserable to be around that my own husband walked on eggshells around me.  The thought of it now hurts me deeply, but unfortunalely, I can't change the past.

Thanks be to God, though, I am no longer that person.  I can't explain the difference in how I feel...there simply are no words.  Since I opened my heart to God and accepted Jesus into my life, I don't feel like I'm going to explode from being so angry about something at least once a day.  No, life's not perfect, but to me, it's pretty darn close!  Funny thing is, actually it hasn't been a great couple of days...got an estimate on my car-OUCH!, paid more than expected on the diagnostic, and the Jeep just broke down...but I'm still happy as a lark lol. 

"Dear God, thank you so much for the impact you have made on my life.  Thank you, Lord, for bringing me back to you, and surrendering completely to you.  I have total trust and faith in you, Lord, that you will always provide for me.  I ask for your guidance and your wisdom each and every day.  I love you and I praise you, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: